- First virtual International Summit 2020 - Communication and Media
- "Exchange Opportunities" from Alexandra Ahmed, Baden-Württemberg Stiftung
Alexandra Ahmed, projectmanager and representative of the Baden-Württemberg Stiftung, introduced the numerous funding opportunities for students and lecturers offered by the Baden-Württemberg-STIPENDIUM for students and BWS plus.
- "Cooperation between PU and HsKA" from Prof. Dr. Rukiya Swaleh, Pwani University
Prof. Dr. Rukiya Swaleh presented the Pwani University in Kilifi (Kenya) and gave a short introduction into the cooperation between the Pwani University and der University of Applied Sciences Karlsruhe.
- „What is Communication and Media?" from Prof. Sissi Closs, University of Applied Sciences Karlsruhe
What do students at Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences (Germany) deal with in the Communications and Media Management programme? Why is communication so important? Prof. Closs addressed these questions in her presentation.
- "Writing for global" from Birgitta Meex, KU Leuven
Birgitta Meex from KU Leuven (Belgium) first presents KU Leuven in this video and then deals with interesting aspects of "Writing for global".
- "Communities of Practice in Technical Communication" from Yvonne Cleary, University of LimerickYvonne Cleary from University of Limerick (Ireland) presented the Limerick University and discussed the topic of Communities of Practice in Technical Communication.
- "Role of Media in Communication for Entrepreneurs" from Cristian Mustata, Politehnica University of Bucharest
"Role of Media in Communication for Entrepreneurs" from Cristian Mustata, Politehnica University of Bucharest
Christian Mustata presented the Politehnica University in Bucharest (Romania) and discussed the interesting topic "Role of Media and Communication for Entrepreneur".
- "User-Centered Design" from Joyce Karreman, University of Twente
In this talk, Joyce Karreman presented the Twente University (Netherlands) and discussed User-Centered-Design.
- "Importance of Communication in Academics" from Dr. Elisabeth Munyaya, Pwani University What is the importance of communication in general and especially in the academics? Dr. Elisabeth Jumwa Munyaya from Pwani University discussed this topic of communication.
- "Storytelling" from Karin Thier, Narrata Consult
How do I tell a story? In a impulse talk, Karin Thier from Narrata Consult will be dealing with the important topic of "storytelling".
- "How to start a YouTube Channel" from Miriam Yaman, University of Applied Sciences Karlsruhe
How do I create my own YouTube channel and how can I earn money with my videos? In her impulse talk, Miriam Yaman from the University of Applied Sciences Karlsruhe (Germany) deals with the topic "How to start a YouTube channel".
- "Is less really more?" from Magdalena Eberlein, University of Applied Sciences Karlsruhe
How to write target-group specific and understandable texts? How important is minimalist writing? In her impulse talk, Magdalena Eberlein from University of Applied Sciences Karlsruhe (Germany) discussed the question "Is less really more?".
- "Basics of Visualization" from Daniel Bartschat, Playful Insights
How can you visually illustrate different things using simple shapes? Daniel Bartschat from Playful Insights shows in this video the "Basics of Visualization".
- "Introduction into Website Creation" from Martin Schober, University of Applied Science KarlsruheBuilding your own website is not that difficult. In his talk Martin Schober from University of Applied Karlsruhe (Germany) gives a short insight into the topic "Introduction into Website Creation".
- "My Exchange Experience in Kenya" from Belinda Oechsler, University of Applied Sciences KarlsruheBelinda Oechsler, former Master's student at Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences, spent an exchange semester at Pwani University in Kilifi in the winter semester 2018. In this video she talks about her experiences during her stay in Kenya.
- "My German Experience" from Paul Mumelo, Pwani University
In his presentation, Paul Mumelo, student from Pwani University (Kenya), talks about his experiences as an exchange student at the Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences in Germany. He focuses on the benefits and downsides of student exchange programmes.